layout

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger Dead...oh my gosh!!!!


I just found out that Heath Ledger is dead. I am in shock. I am literally in absolute shock. Mostly because I can't believe it. It's always different when a huge star dies than when someone not as well known dies.

I'm partly in shock because I just said to Steve LAST NIGHT that celebrities die in 3 and that means one more celebrity was going to die. Little did I know I was right! Oh my gosh!

Last week it was Merv Griffin, Brad Renfroe and Georgia Frontiere, the St. Louis Ram's owner. This week it was Sam the Butcher from The Brady Bunch and Suzanne Pleshette from The Bob Newhart Show. That's only five. I told Steve celebrities die in 3's so one more person will die. And apparently that person was Heath Ledger.

Random details are coming in via TMZ.com. So far what they know is:

He was found dead in an apartment, originally reported as being owned by Mary-Kate Olsen but apparently that's untrue, in his bedroom. He was face down on the floor with prescription pills strewn about on the bed. There is no implication of foul play and are so far ruling it accidental. A source close to Ledger told TMZ he had a substance abuse problem for the last year or so and was NOT in rehab.

He was a WONDERFUL actor. He was in The Patriot, Brokeback Mountain, and 10 Things I Hate About You. He was recently The Joker in the yet-to-be-released new Batman movie The Dark Knight. He was most recently working on a movie, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. It was supposed to be released sometime next year but no word yet on what will happen now.

He has a two-year-old daughter, Matilda, with ex-fiancee Michelle Williams. The couple broke up in October 2007 unexpectedly after two years together.

No comments: