layout

Sunday, May 27, 2012

It's Always Something

It always seems to be something with our family. HELLP Syndrome in an otherwise healthy pregnancy, NICU stay, RSV, stomach flu...the list goes on. It's always something.

This time: pink eye. Not for G-man, for me. HOW did I get pink eye, you ask? I have no freakin' clue. But I do and it sucks. It's gross, it's not the most comfortable thing in the world and I probably should just keep it to myself...but what fun would THAT be?

I'm trying like hell to ensure G-man doesn't get it but let's just cross our fingers. However, RSV didn't slow him down much. He just created a slime trail as he chased the cats down the hall.

But being typical me, I've turned a (hopefully) simple case of pink eye into a catastrophe. On our evening walk I simply ask Hubs "if I have to get a glass eye, will you still love me?" In true Hubs fashion he asks, "how many pirate jokes am I allowed to make?"

I've convinced myself I'm basically going to turn into Two-Face from Batman: pretty on one side, skeletal on the other where they had to remove my eye and face tissue because I've somehow contracted flesh eating bacteria of the eye.

We also had the WebMD conversation again.

That is all for tonight. I need to go hobble up to my bell tower now.

No comments: