layout

Monday, April 14, 2008

If You Don't Like It, Don't Watch It


I get that people think baseball is boring, I do. There's not constant stimulation for your eyes for 9 innings. Guys aren't clotheslining each other, laying on top of each other, checking each other into the boards, slam-dunking, grunting, and yelling. It's a thinking man's game. What pitch to throw next, whether or not to throw the double play. It's tactical.

If you don't like baseball that's your prerogative. But I do. I love it. You might even say it's my favorite sport. But just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean you can trash it all the time in front of me. I understand you don't like baseball but respect the fact that I do.

You say "It's not a sport if you can stand around eating sunflower seeds while participating."

Well, you have a ball be hurled at you going 95 miles an hour, swing with a bat and see if you can even come close to not only hitting the ball, but even try to catch-up with it and not swing yourself into the ground. Try throwing a baseball from deep right field to third base with no hop. Actually, just try getting it halfway to the infield!

Maybe I should start slower. This is a baseball. This is a bat. Right field is the right-hand side of the field when looking out from home plate.

Don't be a jerk. You don't like it, I do. End of story and shut it!

Are you telling me Babe Ruth wasn't an athlete? Are you telling me Joe DiMaggio just "sat around eating sunflower seeds?" Yea, okay.

No comments: