layout

Thursday, March 19, 2009

It Takes Me Back

Today I was instantly transported to my old best friend's basement when we were 13. I heard a song I haven't heard in years and it splashed me back down to 1997. The song is highly embarrassing but it's "Invisible Man" by 98 Degrees. Yes, my friend and I liked them and loved that cheesy song. We even tried to get to the Barnes and Noble when they were in Denver but alas, we couldn't rollerblade that far.

So much has changed in the 12-13 years since then. I'm not even friends with her anymore which in some ways makes my heart a little sad. We both had our reasons for going our separate ways and maybe in a way it's a good thing. I still miss her and think of her and worry for her though.

But for four minutes and 41 seconds, I was transport back to that basement, to a time and place that was much simpler.

Thanks Cheesy Radio Station for playing that song during a day I needed a little break from reality.

No comments: