layout

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Yummy Dinner

The hubs and I have been very bored with our dinner menu. We have some staples on there like stir-fry and pasta and what not, but we've been in a bit of a "food funk", if you will.

Last night was a nice departure from the funk. We had salmon on the menu which is usually pretty ho-hum, but last night I kicked it up a notch! We ended up having cajun salmon, broccoli and pasta roni and let me tell you...it was GOOD! I think it was a might on the spicy side and overpowered the flavor of the salmon but it was my first try and dang tasty.

I put cajun seasoning, crushed red pepper (note: do NOT get it near your eyes...trust me!), and salt in a bowl then poured it over the salmon fillet and spread it around. I put two teaspoons of the red pepper but I think maybe 1 1/2 would've been better.

Never-the-less, it was tasty and I was quite impressed with myself :) I'm trying to do more of the cooking lately since I love to cook.

No comments: