layout

Friday, February 06, 2009

Long Overdue Update

Wow, I can't believe it's February 6th already. Before you know it it'll be my birthday, then my 3rd wedding anniversary (yay!) and before you can says "summer weather" one of my best friends will be giving birth! The next six months are going to be crazy.

I've been a little bit of a recluse lately, online and in real life. Things have come up lately that have me questioning my path in life and what actually makes me happy. My company is not doing well and there's a very strong possibility I could be laid off come April. I have very mixed emotions about it ranging from glad to sad to scared. It starts me thinking whether I want to take another admin job because it pays the bills or if I want to start down a different path.

Steve's job is going well and he really likes it. There's a possibility of a great promotion in about a year and that would most likely mean a move out of Colorado. Again, mixed emotions. I would be sad to leave family and a few close friends but I'm really restless in this state. I'm definitely more of a northeast girl but most anywhere but here would be fine with me. I just feel like Steve and I can spread our wings a little more if we left and there would be more opportunities for Steve to advance his career. If I'm just stuck in an admin position, I can do that anywhere.

There are other things going around in my head but those are the biggest. Because of the problems at my current company I feel I'm in a constant state of limbo. I can't go back but I'm not allowed to go forward yet. I can't make plans and, if you know me, not being able to plan for anything makes me feel completely out of control.

I just have to remember I can't worry about things I can't control and I need to do the best with what I have; a loving, wonderful, supportive husband, a strong family and a hell of a resume! ;)

No comments: