layout

Friday, February 20, 2009

It's a Great Day to Be Alive



I love this song by Travis Tritt. I haven't heard it in a little while but it was on the radio this morning while I was driving to the park-and-ride. I started singing and got goosebumps because this song is so relevant right now.

The chorus is:
It's a great day to be alive
I know the sun's still shining when I close my eyes
There's some hard time in the neighborhood
But why can't every day be just this good?

Life is hard right now. My company may close in about 6 weeks, people are getting laid off, losing their homes, and it's just a really trying time for American's right now. But this song reminds me I need to focus on the good things that make me lucky to be alive:

My amazing husband who is everything to me.
My home in Ft. Collins that I just love so much.
My two crazy cats that never cease to entertain me.
My family who would do anything for me.
Friends like fertile Merkl :)
My education that was fun to get and I'm proud of.
The fact that I'm healthy and able.
Friends that get me through the work day.

No comments: