layout

Monday, September 22, 2008

Economy in the crapper



So let me start off by talking about the crap hole this country is in right now and the fact the government is bailing companies out of the hole they've worked themselves into.

I understand that if the government doesn't help bail out Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, Bear Sterns, Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch to the tune of $700,000,000,000 then our country could go into a tail spin and end up in another Great Depression. I get that. What I don't get is how two of these companies (Merrill Lynch and Lehman) survived the depression in the 1920's but somehow are in trouble NOW.

I'm sorry you ran your multi-billion dollar companies into the ground but tell me again why that's the citizen of America's problem? CNN said that if the government gets this money by tax payers dollars then every man, woman and child would owe the government $3,200....each.

Gee, I'm glad we got that $600 stimulus check a few months ago...

No comments: