layout

Monday, October 01, 2007

It's Playoff Time (almost!)


So I wrote an article about what's going on with the Rockies. If you live in the Denver area, you've probably noticed an increase in traffic and Rockies clad crazies. If you don't know why, read my article at Suite101.com.

This is crazy for Rockies fans! We haven't been to the post season since 1995, only two years after we officially became a team. Two years BEFORE we even got Todd Helton...yea, that long ago. The players have really come together to fight for this and hopefully it pays off tonight against the Padres.

I have to admit: I ditched out on work for a few hours to go to Rally Monday in front of Coors Field to get pumped up for the game. I listened to a great band called Opie Gone Bad (opiegonebad.com) and watched highlights from this past season. I must admit, it gave me goosebumps! I can't believe baseball season is almost over. It seems like it just started. I remember like it was yesterday the day AFTER opening day. Me, my husband and a few family members went to the game and it was FREEZING!!! i didn't have any socks because I came right from work so I had to buy $9 Rockies socks from the gift shop. Most expensive socks I've ever bought!!

The Phillies won the NL East! This is the first time they've been in the post season since 1993. Steve was so excited, so was I. The energy coming from the fans on television was amazing, almost brought tears to my eyes. It's that time of year again! Hearts are breaking and someone else's dream is coming true...




No comments: