layout

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Hollywood Comes to Denver


Eddie Murphy is filming a new movie in Denver called Nowhereland. It's about a money manager whose career is falling apart. Apparently he takes solace in his young daughter's imginary world of Nowhereland. That's pretty much all anyone will say about it.

Filming was on 17th Street between Market and Blake today. I know this because I work on 17th in the area and was trying to take my daily walk to Union Station (off of 17th and Blake) when I was stopped by a film crew. I stayed to watch awhile and it was very interesting. Maybe growing up in Colorado I'm a little naive about the movie making process and being around sets. There were extras standing around for 20 minutes just to get a 5 second shot of Eddie driving up 17th street in a silver mercedes coupe (being pulled by a film truck). I DID see Eddie though. That's the first time I've actually seen a "real" celebrity; other than local sports celebrities and what not.

The film isn't set to be released until Fall of 2008 but I'll go see it. It's interesting to watch movies that have been filmed in a city you're so familiar with!

No comments: