layout

Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Lovely Side Effect

I picked up the sport of running about five months ago. I wish it was as easy as it sounds, but alas, it's not. I unfortunately decided to start running in the winter so it's been hit and miss until the last few months. I'm semi-following a program called Couch 2 5K. It takes people like me who used to only run when chased and turns them into runners. You start out by running for a minute, walking for a minute and a half on and off for 30 minutes.

Slowly, I've worked my way up to running for a solid 2 1/2 minutes; emphasis on slowly. I'm pretty sure an old lady was laughing at me yesterday for how slow I go. But right now it's not about speed, it's about endurance so I think I'm doing pretty well. If you think jogging for 2 1/2 minutes w/o stopping sounds easy, try it.

A wonderful side effect from running so much is I'm constantly starving. Not just starving; famished! I was so hungry on my way home from work yesterday I could've pulled my arm off an eaten it. Lovely, I know.

But a fun side note about running, i get to buy a bunch of stuff! For instance, my Saucony Grid Ignition running shoes. Not only are they stylin', they're so comfortable it's like running on green and white clouds :)

Loves them!

No comments: