layout

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pitfalls

The Hubs, Munchkin and I recently moved to the Baltimore/Washington, D.C. area due to a promotion and job transfer.

One of the pitfalls of living in a suburb just north of D.C. and about 20 minutes south of Baltimore is the fact there are things here I'm not used to, like federally guarded areas.

I miss my exit almost every single time I come home from running errands.  My exit is not even 100ft from the exit before it; the NSA Employee entrance.....the heavily guarded NSA employee entrance.  Every time I'm coming up to the exit, I think to myself "this time I won't miss my exit. Pay extra attention to the exits. You will NOT accidentally get off at the NSA entrance."

Then it's unnerving as I see the federal law enforcement SUV parked at the exit, and another one, and another one, and another one.  I panic as I pass by thinking my exit is part of the NSA exit, envisioning accidentally going into the NSA area and being swarmed by federal agents wondering WTF I'm doing there with a toddler and a trunk full of Hobby Lobby bags.

It scares the shit out of me every time....but I guess they probably already know that.

No comments: