layout

Monday, January 02, 2012

Magazine Friday

I have a slight problem with hoarding magazines. I presently am the proud owner of 5 magazine subscriptions and I pick up at least two more at the store weekly. I have a vested interest (okay, an obsession) with celebrity gossip and food magazines. My obsession is so great The Hubs and I now have what we endearingly call "magazine Friday". Every Friday Hubs gets home from work and we load of Munchkin, head to Target Boutique and I peruse the weekly magazine rack. I get excited to see what selatious stories the tabloids have cooked up this week. You may think it's juvenile and crap but it's my weekly escape into a lifestyle none of us will know. Do I condone paps hounding celebrities and their families, no. But without a vested interest in their personal lives, half the celebrities wouldn't have a career (Kim Kardashian, anyone?) I do think many of them are silly. I frequently read an article about someone or read a quote they said and launch into a diatribe to The Hubs about why this particular celebrity is an idiot/egomaniac/not talented/shouldn't be famous. I hate the Kardashians (and I'm not one who hates them but still watches their ever-growing number of shows), think the divorce rate is disgusting, am annoyed by a vast majority of them, and have somewhat of an emotional attachment to celebrities I deem nice people despite being in showbiz. Not every magazine makes the cut either. In respect to the celebrity weeklies, I absolutely put my foot down if the cover story is something I know to be an all out fabrication (Brangelina weds! Jen Aniston says "leggo, I'm Preggo"! There was a secret Twilight Wedding!) Also, if the same story is on three covers I buy the "OK!" magazine. I deem "OK!" to be the most reputable of the more trashy celebrity magazines. The list goes as follows: "Us Weekly" (which I subscribe), "People Magazine" (which I SHOULD subscribe to but never got around to), "OK! Magazine", then "In Touch" and "Life and Style" are neck and neck, and "Star" brings up the bottom. I also subscribe to Cosmo, Marie Claire, Glamour, and Food Network Magazine. With The Munchkin I have very little time to read the magazines I love let alone the ones I subscribe to so there's a large stack of unread magazines in our guest room. I look at it as something for our guests to read in their room since we have yet to hook up the t.v. in that room. I get around to reading them once in awhile. More on that later. So there you have it; why Friday is just a little sweeter for me.

1 comment:

Bikecopblog said...

Friday with the hotsheets. K would be proud.

I think Kim K is from Jupiter...uh, one of the moons.