layout

Monday, December 29, 2008

On the First Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me...

"4 days of nausea
3 days of bedrest
2 days of wretching
and 1 case of the decade's worst flu"

Of course, the above little ditty is set to the tune of "12 Days of Christmas". Unfortunately for my lovely huband, his Christmas involved a Phillies World Series ornament, the "Rocky" series on DVD, a history channel documentary, and his wife getting the stomach flu and giving it to him. I know, I know. I did well this year.

I was expecting a great Christmas. Hubs and I didn't have to leave the house as everyone was coming to us this year. I was going to take cute Christmas pictures and watch movies and enjoy family time. Instead I spent my 4-day weekend having massive stomach cramps and puking up everything I've eaten since I was 12. Guess I don't have to worry about putting on holiday weight. See...silver lining.

Then my poor husband caught it. Luckily for him he has a better immune system so it didn't sideline him for days and days.

But Christams was fun. I got a new Giants hoodie (yay!), a few new movies and the 4th season of "The Office". I also got some new tools from my cats. That's right, from the cats. Steve has one rule: never buy a woman tools or appliances for special occasions like Christmas, birthday's or anniversaries. So I say, "Babe, what if I want a hand sander for Christmas?" And he replies, "Then you're a weirdo." Ah, love!

Plus I got to see my parents and my in-laws and, of course, spend some quality time with Steve. We just never seem to get enough of that.

No comments: